All dogs and cats—no matter what texture or length coat they have—need to be groomed on a regular basis. Brushing your pet should be fun, easy and something you can do at home. Here are some helpful grooming tips:
- Brush out any mats that can cause irritation or even a skin infection if left unattended
- Check for fleas, ticks, and other parasites
- Monitor any bumps or growths
- Check for any injuries or lacerations
- Use this as valuable bonding time with your pet
Regular grooming helps keep your pet cool in the summer, reduces shedding and hairballs, encourages a healthy, shiny coat, and makes your pet feel good!