Drs. Nichole Birnbaum, and Todd Deppe are board certified by the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Our doctors provide advanced evaluations of internal body systems for dogs and cats with sudden or chronic issues.
We specialize in the:
- Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
- Endocrine System
- Respiratory System
- Urinary Tract System
Our internists diagnose and manage a variety of conditions caused by infectious agents, degenerative or inflammatory conditions, immune diseases and cancer. Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and leading-edge practices, we are able to effectively diagnose and monitor your pets. Care is provided by our Internal Medicine Division Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm. Our doctors and licensed veterinary technicians are on-call during weekends and on holidays so we are there when your pets need us.
Our entire medical and support staff team takes great pride in the level of care we provide. We give your pet the very best medical care possible and are committed to doing all we can to improve the overall quality of their life.
We provide hospitalization for critical patients Monday–Friday with 24-hour monitoring provided by our Internal Medicine Division and Emergency Services Division. Our doctors are able to observe their patients from their homes utilizing a state-of-the-art video system.
How to Prepare for Your Initial Appointment
- Please allow three hours for your initial consultation. You will have extensive discussion with a board-certified internist at the beginning of your appointment and again after diagnostics are performed.
- Please withhold food from your pet for 12 hours prior to your appointment (please provide water only) to allow for an accurate ultrasound and other necessary diagnostics. Please do not withhold food from diabetic patients.
- Please be aware that certain procedures involving general anesthesia may not be performed the day of the initial appointment.
- Our knowledgeable front office coordinators will gladly answer any questions you may have before your appointment. They can be reached at 703-361-0710.
- Payment is required at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Care Credit. We will provide any information and documents that you need to submit to your pet’s insurance company for reimbursement.
The Internal Medicine Division Team regards animals as members of the family. They are so much more than pets and we care for them accordingly.