- Warn your guests if your pets will be free inside your home so they can be sure not to let them out by mistake.
- Consider leaving your pets in a closed room if they are highly reactive to people they don’t know.
- Supervise any children your pets don’t know as many children are not taught how to interact around pets and could accidentally become injured.
- Inform your guests not to give your pets any table scraps.
- Holiday decorations and plants can be very dangerous for your pets so be sure you and your guests keep them out of your pets’ reach.
The Emergency Division of The Veterinary Referral Center of Northern Virginia is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year to provide exceptional care for your pets when needed. You can reach our Emergency Division at 703.361.8287.